Toad's Food Journal

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Toad's Food Journal

Postby toad » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:31 pm

bunsofaluminum wrote:Toad? Is it the original Toad LTNS if so!

or a new one? WELCOME!

Sorry, I am not that Toad, don't know who that is. Thanks
toad

Postby toad » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:33 pm

Anna Green wrote:Hi. I'm the queen of the trying over again so I feel you. :-D My cheap food comes from Sav A lot, Salvage grocery places, what's on sale, frozen and bulk. I've actually gotten a ton of organic greens before at a salvage grocery place that were fairly fresh. It's a hit or miss kind of thing. Someone suggested too that at the end of the day at a farmer's market sometimes they'll sell stuff cheap. I was given some free seeds and am growing arugula and herbs in containers. I sprout too in jars. I make my own plant milks sometimes for pennies. I get bulk seeds, beans and grains at Azure Standard because they have a truck that drops in New Orleans. The delivery cost is cheap compared to shipping. I can get the stuff for drastically lower than my grocery and it's often organic though not all the time. They don't seem to have a mandatory spending so if I want to just get one or two things I can. I don't do all organic because of cost but also I don't think for many foods it's worth it...the pesticides are much lower.

Don't know if that's helpful. Just wanted you to know I'm trying to eat low cost as well. I fail sometimes but then I get back to it.

Thanks for the tips, I shop mostly at Walmart and 99 cent store, because other grocery stores around me are almost twice as much.
toad

Postby landog » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:40 am

toad wrote:Another reason, I'm trying Mc Dougall diet, is I am obese, things are popping up at my middle age, been obese 25 years, now I have health issues showing up, like a bone spur, sciatic nerve pain, I know my heavy weight makes these things worse, so need to lose weight for health reasons, vanity aside.

Hi Toad,

If you haven't seen this, here is a presentation by Jeff Novick about calorie density, which is really the key to weight loss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CdwWliv7Hg

I watch this periodically; I must have seen it dozens of times!

Be well,
-dog
landog

Postby VegSeekingFit » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:54 pm

Hi Toad, :D

Hope you are doing great... +1 for Landog recommendation!!! Has helped me 100%...

Also, check out all of these threads... viewtopic.php?f=11&t=48609

Best,
Stephanie
"Just put one foot in front of the other and don't worry about the length of the path.
Once you get on that path, and the longer you stay on it, there eventually will come a time when you will not turn back." - Martina Navratilova
VegSeekingFit

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals