Righting the Table!

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Righting the Table!

Postby pootsy » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:26 am

Getting a late start for this week of transition but wanted to get started. As Dr Lisle notes I really " kicked over the table" leaving the MWL group and way of eating last year. When I first joined I had been Mc "Dougalling " for years so it was a comfortable fit. This time I am coming back from a complete change back to SAD and it is / has been/ going to be TOUGH!!! but I'm tough :)

Just got an Aldis delivery of all fresh produce/ frozen veg / and grains. Now I feel ready to fight! Have emptied my fridge and done the best I could with what I had so far this week. Luckily , I had some frozen MWL compliant meals in my freezer. not striving for perfection to start because I feel like I am detoxing and I don't want to set myself up to fail. But already made some good changes that I can continue with: this morning made steel cut oatmeal and blueberries and loved it. Trying to think of meals as just that instead of labelling breakfast/lunch/ dinner because those labels bring food memories that I don't want to continue. having a compliant meal when I am hungry and trying to adhere to the guidelines is my goal.
pootsy

Re: Righting the Table!

Postby pootsy » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:44 am

Struggling along but keeping at it. Journaling may help and so I will try to keep at it. It is something I have done in other areas of my life.
I made yellow squash yesterday by sauteeing is veg broth and browning a bit...at the last moment I grabbed parmesian cheese and shook some on...old habits :oops: and now I have to get rid of stuff off my refrigerator door that I missed! I cooked up a pot of red potatoes so they are in fridge for part of my next meal. This morning I had oatmeal and blueberries and that is going to be my start the day meal. I have peaches and mango on my windowsill , fruit is wonderful this time of year!
I watched a Doug Lisle video about three important steps and keeping it simple and cleaning your house stuck out to me. I feel much better when there is order around me and right now there is a lot of clutter around me that I need to work on that too.
I will do the weigh in tomorrow even though it hasn't been a completely compliant week because I want to keep working on the behaviors and I know its going to be a process.
I want to make a pot of soup today so going to check out some recipes.
pootsy

Re: July 2021 McDougall MWL Weigh-In Group

Postby pootsy » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:14 am

OK, I have tried three times on my mouseless computer to move the template and if I get any more frustrated I'm going for a candy bar!! I will practice for next time . :shock:
First full week back, lost 8 lbs.
Struggling in all areas with cravings, habits, feelings, biology :?
So, banana in hand and oatmeal on the stove, I push on:

10 POINT CHECKLIST
1,2,3,5,6,9,10 have been able to follow pretty consistently.
My obstacles fall in 4,7,8. I am working on compliance, start every day planning on success, but having a difficult time.

What remains true is that preparation is necessary. I have all I need in the house. For now, no eating out. Keeping it simple. I am lucky that I could always eat the same thing every day and enjoy it.
Yesterday I made Mexican Bean soup from the recipes and it was good. I have a bowl of cooked red potatoes in the fridge. planning a big salad bowl later. Cooking for myself is an act of self care that I have to continue. Drive throughs and take out/order in are too easy and have been my downfall in the past.
So glad to be back. Rereading all the materials to keep on track. Started to journal. Grateful for all the inspiration from everyones postings. :)
pootsy

Postby pootsy » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:33 am

One week down. Trying to continue to journal as something available that I didn't use last time on MWL . Also spending time watching videos and programs listed in the materials. Watched a Q&A with Dr. Lisle today . I walked further last two mornings and took a walk on a lake path last evening instead of watching TV. Have gotten into the pool three times this week so working of the exercise.
Just had lentil soup, corn on the cob and tomatoes for lunch and finished up with mango. I will never feel deprived eating corn on the cob!!! Loving having fresh fruits and vegetables in the house and also plenty of frozen for a snap meal. On to next week!
pootsy

Postby deweyswakms » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:30 am

You are doing great! Yes to journalling; it helps me set my focus for my day, plus be accountable. I am at a plateau, so am going to tweak the energy in/out formula. And yes to all the great resources and links to information here.

Marsha
start weight 210 on 7/25/14; MWL recommit 7/2019 weight 197. 6/11/2022 weight 165.0. Height 5'8".
deweyswakms

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals