Trinity's Journey to Thriving

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby trueunity » Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:41 pm

Today was a really good day!

The last few days, I have been on the struggle bus and fell into the pleasure trap of processed food. Today I did not eat pleasure foods! Today I stayed clean, whole plant foods. Following the MWL guidelines.

I'm determined to put my health first. I have been having a lot of very negative self-talk and dealing with emotional sabotage along with not feeling like I'm enough.

I have come along ways. My Journey started back in 2010. I was my heaviest at 295 pounds. Over these last 13 years I have done every diet known to man. I even know that I should be really happy with my 185 pound weight loss. But I also know that I'm worth getting to my goal / happy weight for my body. I still have a lot of fluctuations happening so I don't feel like my body is done yet.
I have been whole food plant based ( McDougaller for 3 years!). It has been such a long journey that I would love to get to my maintenance weight, and be able to just maintain, and just enjoy living life.

I'm finally ready to just go all in and stop doing more restrictive diets. I'm tried of the diet mentality and all the stress that comes along with it. It's taking a toll on my mindset and driving me crazy.

Today I did not workout it was a rest day. I don't normally rest but my body has been going through something this week with me restricting calories at the beginning of week and over eating the latter half of the week.

I did get over 12,000 steps at work through out the day which I'm willing to accept as activity for today.

I'm done with my self sabotage! I only want good attentions coming my way today and into my future! Only I can make the change I want to see!! I AM in the Driver seat. Taking my reinvention one day at a time.

Food:
Morning
Banana x2, 3 cups of coffee with 1 tbsp oatmilk in each cup, sweet potato with steamed veggies, 1/2 cup kidney beans, 2 additional yellow potatoes.

Snack
Carrot sticks

Lunch
Salad with raw veggies, yellow potatoes, cooked carrots and green beans

Snack
Apple Slices

Dinner
2 cups coffee with 1 tbsp of oatmilk creamer in each cup, salad with veggies, steamed cauliflower, mashed potatoes and gravy

Dessert
Bowl of frozen cherries slightly thawed

water = 72 ounces
weight = 136 pounds
trueunity

Postby trueunity » Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:47 pm

My Foods:

Morning
Coffee x3 with 1 Tbsp oatmilk creamer in each
Banana

Breakfast
Oatmeal with cinnamon & banana
Steamed Broccoli

Lunch
Yellow potatoes, tomato slices, carrot sticks, 5 lg. Strawberries and 6 romaine lettuce leaves

Dinner
Yellow potatoes, salad with veggies, roasted brussels and corn on the cob

Other
Iced unsweetened oatmilk latte

My Fitness:
30 min strength training and 30 min treadmill walk

Water
124 ounces

My Thoughts!!!

Hi!! I'm Trinity and I'm a self sabotager!! That's right!!

The moment I see good, positive things happening in my life, let it be new friendships, new relationships, weight loss, etc. I find a way to ruin it. I don't do it on purpose, mentally I just lose my mind and dive right into the hole of disappear and disappointment. I look for all the red flags and ways I can ruin my progress without thinking about it.

Not sure why I do this, but I'm done with living in my past mistakes, the past has come and gone. I can not change what happened, but I can change and control what I do TODAY & Into the future to make my life the Best Life, the Life I want to live.

I can be social without finding problems with people or situations

I can lose weight without restricting calories

I can be Confident in my Body, I can Believe in myself!

I'm going to make the most out of this one life I have to live, I'm DONE dwelling on negative thoughts, and things that I cannot change.

I'm LIVING for ME!!!!

I AM ENOUGH, I AM EVOLVING......I celebrate growth and change.

I got this....We all got this!!

My Progress:
January 2010..... SW: 295
June 2023..….CW: 134

This has been a long journey, but this is an amazing adventure that I'm very proud of. It has just taking me a long time to accept the things I can not change! I'm 13 years into this weight loss journey but I have been living in an over weight body that has been filled with diet trauma for 35 years.
trueunity

Re: Trinity's Journey to Thriving

Postby VegSeekingFit » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:56 pm

Hi Trinity, :)

Hope that you have a great week!

❤️ what you said here:

"I can not change what happened, but I can change and control what I do TODAY & Into the future to make my life the Best Life, the Life I want to live."

Take care,
Stephanie
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Postby trueunity » Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:39 pm

06/26

Today I'm grateful for the ability to eat healthy foods and have the ability to move my body!

Today my WHY for losing weight is to be the best version of myself, which means I'm focusing on my health over weight loss.

The only thing I can Focus on today is what's in my control and that's what "I" choose to eat and how "I" choose to move.

Morning
Banana
Coffee with 1 Tbsp oatmilk creamer in each, today I had 4 cups.

Breakfast
Steamed cauliflower, brown rice, and cooked apple with cinnamon

Lunch
Salad w/ veggies, 1/2 c. beans, yellow potatoes

Snack
2 bananas and 6 strawberries

Dinner
Steamed veggie bowl with mashed potatoes

Water
110 oz

WT: 134

My fitness was great today, I'm happy with my choices.

I think that one thing I can do better tomorrow is to have less fruit. I should aim to stick to my 2 servings a day.

Today I want to thank myself for eating right foods, being sound in my mind and not being bombarded with food thoughts!
trueunity

Postby trueunity » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:49 pm

06/27

Today my WHY for losing weight is to be the best version of myself, which means I'm focusing on my health over weight loss.

Morning

Coffee with 1 Tbsp oatmilk creamer in each, today I had 3 cups.

Breakfast
Steamed cauliflower and broccoli, 1/2 cup kidney beans, oatmeal made with water, cinnamon and 1/2 tsp sugar

Lunch
Salad w/ veggies, 1/2 c. beans, yellow potatoes, steamed broccoli and cauliflower

Snack
3 bananas, cherries and grapes, pickle, energy drink, dried tangerine pieces

Dinner
Steamed green beans, brussel sprouts, yellow potatoes, carrot sticks, grape tomatoes

Water
108 oz

I think that one thing I can do better tomorrow is to have less fruit. I should aim to stick to my 2 to 3 servings a day.

Today I want to think myself for eating right foods, being sound in my mind and not being bombarded with food thoughts!

Movement: 50 minutes of strength training and boot camp style fitness

I'm very proud of myself today!!

LIFE is GOOD!!
trueunity

Previous

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals