No thyroid and weight loss

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

No thyroid and weight loss

Postby Eahebbe » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:44 pm

I went on a plant based diet a few years ago and lost a lot of weight in a few short weeks. I am trying to follow the diet again and in three weeks so far I’ve only lost 1 lb. I had my thyroid removed and wondered if this could be a reason I’m not losing weight like I used to. My diet was awful before so I would have thought I’d lose quite a bit.
I’d appreciate any guidance. Thanks
Eahebbe

Re: No thyroid and weight loss

Postby SilverMtns » Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:02 pm

It may help to post a journal of what you eat for a few days or weeks so people can give tips. Are you following the Maximum Weight Loss guidelines? (I don't have a thyroid, either, and I always lose when I do the regular program, so I've never bothered with MWL, but I hear the weight comes off faster on that if you can adhere to it.)
SilverMtns

Re: No thyroid and weight loss

Postby Atheria » Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:55 am

Not having your thyroid definitely complicates matters. Also, it DOES get harder to keep weight off during mid-life. I don't know your age, but that could be an issue. I'm 56 and a lot changed in my 50s. It's annoying! At least, despite the scale not budging much, you are improving your health in others ways eating plants.

Good luck!
Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Return to Health Issues