McDougall for PMDD and Hormone Imbalance

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

McDougall for PMDD and Hormone Imbalance

Postby Mikenessmonster » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:15 am

Hi all,
I'm wondering if any of you share this experience with me. I'm 24, and have been dealing with PMDD since I was about 13 (I started going through puberty at 11). I was put on the pill at 13, and stayed on it until about age 20. When I quit the first time, I experienced depression and decided to go back on the pill. Around that time I got the Paraguard (copper non hormonal) IUD, and continued to use the pill up until about a year and a half ago I stopped the pill completely. I have been hormone free since then, but my PMDD has been awful! My cramps are so severe I am usually on my knees crying, my acne has been terrible, and I also experience cramping after and in between my period. I'm suspecting that I may have high estrogen - I carry much of my weight on my hips and thighs and has been very resistant to my fat loss efforts. I've been McDougalling strictly for about five weeks, and I have a lot of hope that my hormones will even out in the future. Has anyone had this experience and been healed by the McDougall lifestyle? How long did it take? Are there any other natural remedies I can take?

Thanks!! :)
Mikenessmonster

Return to Health Issues