High Blood Pressure

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

High Blood Pressure

Postby TatiaLight » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:29 am

Hi, I am a 55 year old post menopausal woman. I am 5'3" weighing 148 pounds. I have been following Starch Solution and some Maximum Weight Loss for about 6 months now. I have had slightly elevated blood pressure since becoming menopausal 7 years ago. I am not on medication for it. I was hoping my blood pressure would normalize by now(6 months in).

My readings average in the upper 130s over mid 80s to mid 90s.

I am aiming to lose 30 more pounds. Yet I would love to see that BP normalize soon! Besides walking and diligently following this way of eating is there anything else I can be doing to naturally resolve this? Does it just take more time?

Thank you in advance for any encouragement or suggestions.
TatiaLight

Re: High Blood Pressure

Postby Ejeff » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:35 am

I encourage you to keep going. I am similar to you in age and height, although I never had issues with HBP I had great success losing all the weight I needed to.

Perhaps you could post a few days of eating so we can see if there are things you could improve upon. Perhaps you are consuming foods with oil or too many higher fat foods. I would think your BP should improve as the excess weights comes off.

Erin
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby TatiaLight » Sun May 02, 2021 5:59 am

Hi Erin,

A typical day is gluten free oats with blueberries and banana. Lunch air fried potatoe and raw veggies. Dinner baked potatoe and brussel sprouts.

Another favorite would be a "Mexican salad" a large green salad with pintos topped with oil free salsa and load of veggies and a Tbsp of hummus.

When I am feeling more creative, I may make a complaint sauce.
I eat lots of potatoes. Seasonings is mainly salt and pepper ontop of my food.
TatiaLight

Postby Ejeff » Wed May 05, 2021 6:40 am

Are you continuing to lose weight each week? As the weight comes off the BP should come down.

Erin
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby KillSwitch » Wed May 05, 2021 10:20 am

Curious? Prior to "becoming menopausal 7 years ago", was your BP normal? If yes, what did you weigh then?
KillSwitch

Return to Health Issues