Yeast Infestion

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Yeast Infestion

Postby loniblaze » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:15 am

Hi,

I've been eating this way for four weeks now. lost 13lbs. My labs were much better when I got tested the other day. So all of that is great news.

A couple of days ago I broke out into a yeast infection under my right breast. I searched online and a bunch of articles say it can come from too many carbs and starch. I have been eating a lot of fruit and of course starches recommended by this eating plan.

It's hard for me to believe that fruit would cause this but I do not know. A friend who is a doctor told me to get tested for diabetes. Hence, the blood/lab tests, no diabetes found. Online it says something about candida. I was a MAJOR meat & dairy eater, and have been eating a ton of fruit to get me though those initial weeks. Sweet fruits like cherries, oranges and watermelon.

Just wondering your thoughts on this.

THX.
loniblaze

Re: Yeast Infestion

Postby Poohbear » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:04 am

Hello Ioniblaze,

If you do have candida or even if you only think you may have it check out the website nutriplanet.org. Nele Liivlaid is a WFPB person, who is a plant-based nutrition certificate graduate from eCornell. She had candida and worked out a vegan candida diet. I've had candida and when I changed my diet to a WFPB diet it got a lot worse from eating all the starches and fruits. Then, I came across Nele's website and her candida diet. She has done a lot of research on candida and has a lot of good information on it. The diet consists of a cleansing phase and a reintroduction phase with lots of recipes for each phase. Her website, also, contains a lot of information on eating WFPB.

I have found her website very helpful. I hope this will be of some help for you, also.

Poohbear
Poohbear

Re: Yeast Infestion

Postby gardenguy » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:28 pm

Poohbear, thank you so much for the website nutriplanet.org. My wife has candida and wants to eat WFPB but can't eat all the starches so she is feeling overwhelmed. Thank you again.
gardenguy

Return to Health Issues