Sudden Cardic Arrest

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Sudden Cardic Arrest

Postby phollow174 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:56 pm

Hi all,

On the morning of July 11th my wife noticed i wasn't breathing and immediately began CPR, my grandson (14 year old) took over but after a few minutes my wife told him to get our neighbor who continued the CPR until EMS arrived. Once EMS arrived i was found with no pulse, i was shocked three times before my pulse returned. I was in a coma for 5 days and stayed in the hospital another 3 weeks. All my labs came back normal sugar/blood pressure 117/78/low cholesterol/ clear arteries no blockages/ no sleep apnea/ and slightly overweight. According to the doctors they don't know what happen i was normal and still am but the cardiologist referred me for ICD implanted defib device in my chest. This device will shock my heart anytime my cardiac rhythm gets out of synchronization and beats drops below the established normal rate. Long story short I've been eating Dr Mcdougall's way since 2004 but with slip ups over the years, so I'm probably hardcore vegan 8-9 months out of the year and cheater the rest lol. It's my personal belief that eating strictly the way doc encourages us helped make my body strong enough to bounce back, but in the back of my mind I'm worried because there was no cause determined. Anyway I'm back in forums for recipes but stopped by health issues to share :)

Thanks,

Patrick
phollow174

Re: Sudden Cardic Arrest

Postby Daydream » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:32 pm

Patrick, how frightening. Welcome back! I'm glad you are OK. Now is the time to be strict eating only the McDougall diet. Get rid of any tempting junk food in your house. I wish you all the best!
Daydream

Postby pundit999 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:10 am

Hi Patrick:
Shocking indeed!
I am glad you are OK now.

If you are close to the Cleveland Clinic, you may want to consult them.
Since you already have a device implanted to shock your heart if it goes out of rhythm, may be you don't need it but it may be a good idea to get an AED to use at home. Ask your doctor.

Read the story about your son's heart troubles, though they are likely relate to his diet and high blood pressure for so long. But may be there is something going on genetically.
pundit999

Postby Vegan » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:19 am

Hi Patrick,

Are you on no salt protocol?
Vegan

Postby KillSwitch » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:01 am

Weird! Glad you made it back and are ok Patrick. How old are you if you don't mind me asking?
KillSwitch

Postby Atheria » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:51 pm

Patrick,

I'm so glad that you were around people who could do CPR when the attack happened. You clearly have good angels nearby. Does heart disease run in your family? Not knowing the cause is sometimes worse than knowing the cause. I do hope you get answers soon.

Take care,
Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Return to Health Issues