My cholesterol results are Godlike

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: My cholesterol results are Godlike

Postby KillSwitch » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:55 pm

Thanks for sharing Erin. My diet is pretty simple. One day each week, all I have is a gigantic bowl of oat groats, sometimes two bowls. I use just plain water and sweeten with fruit like blueberries, bananas, green apple slices, and I also add some nuts like walnuts and pecans.

On the other days, I eat a large veggie salad, pretty good bit of beans, okra. Collard, Kale, or mustard greens, cabbage. Today, I also had a large baked sweet potato. I don't really know how to cook or even want to learn how to cook Erin to make my food taste better, LOL. I don't think I would enjoy cooking. I only like the eating part, so I keep things really simple. I am a single male and I live alone also.
KillSwitch

Postby Vegan » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:56 am

So I saw my doctor today and yup, she said that my cholesterol levels were the lowest she had ever seen in her life. I said that it's because of what I eat and she asked what I eat then. I told that I eat mainly beans and barley and you know what she asked right away? "But where do you get protein and iron?" I'm not even kidding, this is what she said.
Vegan

Postby Ejeff » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:47 am

KillSwitch, your diet sounds very healthy lots of greens and such. I thinks its very smart to keep it simple. Just curious why do you have only oat groats one day a week? Just to change things up?

Vegan, not surprising what your doctor said. It’s amazing how the masses believe protein is only found in meat. :-D

Erin
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby KillSwitch » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:08 pm

Ejeff wrote:KillSwitch, your diet sounds very healthy lots of greens and such. I thinks its very smart to keep it simple. Just curious why do you have only oat groats one day a week? Just to change things up?

Vegan, not surprising what your doctor said. It’s amazing how the masses believe protein is only found in meat. :-D

Erin

Yeah Erin, basically to change things up a little. If I ate them more regularly, I think I might enjoy them less. The once a week makes me really look forward to having them if that makes any sense.
KillSwitch

Postby KillSwitch » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:09 pm

Vegan wrote:So I saw my doctor today and yup, she said that my cholesterol levels were the lowest she had ever seen in her life. I said that it's because of what I eat and she asked what I eat then. I told that I eat mainly beans and barley and you know what she asked right away? "But where do you get protein and iron?" I'm not even kidding, this is what she said.

LOL Vegan! Prescribing ppl Rx pills and not addressing the root cause of the problem is just enriching the drug companies and the doctors while your health continues to deteriorate. That is why we must all take matters into our own hands (personal accountability). See your doctor regularly to ensure all is well, but your health is your responsibility. Nothing the doctor can really do if you refuse to eat better, lose weight, stop smoking and drinking too much, etc. :D
KillSwitch

Previous

Return to Health Issues