LAB TESTS

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

LAB TESTS

Postby ebony2021 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:32 pm

Hi all!
I have a quick question about blood work. I went to the Dr. on 9/1/21 my A1C was 8. And my Tsh was low. So we addressed it. I started out weighing myself on 9/15/21. I weighed 344. As of today I am down to 324, thanks to this way of eating. I have to pick up my lab results to see what my baseline was with other tests. But what I need is a list of all of the different lab tests I should be asking for. I know about HDL and LDL, CRP, Triglycerides, I need to know my kidney and liver function. But what else should I be requesting? TIA
ebony2021

Re: LAB TESTS

Postby KillSwitch » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:32 pm

Welcome ebony to this WOE--

Congrats on the 20 LB weight loss. Keep up the good work. I don't know much about all the different lab tests other than the ones you mentioned and I personally also monitor my Fasting BG and my HBA1C but my doc tests for a zillion other things. I often wonder if some of the things they test the blood for is really necessary. Sometimes, it seems like they are looking for stuff just so they can treat you for it. The Almighty dollar is a very powerful incentive.

What is your goal weight, if you don't mind me asking? I encourage you to stick with the diet. If you do, your health will improve and you will slowly shed the unwanted lbs. It is hard to be totally compliant all the time but the more compliant you are, the better results you will get.
KillSwitch

Re: LAB TESTS

Postby ebony2021 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:25 pm

Hi KillSwitch, Thanks for your reply. My goal weight is 150 lbs. :-D
ebony2021

Return to Health Issues