Am I being too impatient?

A place to get your questions answered from McDougall staff dietitian, Jeff Novick, MS, RDN.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Am I being too impatient?

Postby Expat in NZ » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:07 pm

Hello Mr. Novick! I apologize in advance for anything that may be a repeat question from the forum threads - I did research through and could not find anything that helped me, so I thought I would start a thread.

I am 42 and had my kiddos 14 months apart in my late 30s, both via C-section. I lift heavy weight in the gym 3x weekly and do additional light workouts most other days for at least 30 minutes. I adhere to the MWL guidelines completely, even gave up coffee, and I am fastidious with meal preparation. I drink about 80oz of water a day on average. I am 5'3" and my weights are in my signature. I have had thyroid, electrolyte, and CBC panels and all hormone panels come back perfect.

I have not been able to budge any weight for the last three weeks at all. My measurements are exactly the same. I fluctuate +/- one pound but I just can't seem to make the weight go. Am I just being too impatient? My GP here in New Zealand actually got me started on the whole McDougall journey and he said something that stuck with me - he told me I didn't trust my body. I suppose I don't, given this entire post. I'm really trying to trust it but I guess I need reassurance? Thank you for any input. :)
American Expat, wife, mom of 2, weightlifter, foodie
Started McDougall June 2020 - 93kg (204.6lb)
Aug 1 2020 - 87.9kg (193.4lb)
Goal weight - 60kg (132lb)
One day at a time!

Expat in NZ

Re: Am I being too impatient?

Postby JeffN » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:46 am

Expat in NZ wrote:Hello Mr. Novick! I apologize in advance for anything that may be a repeat question from the forum threads - I did research through and could not find anything that helped me, so I thought I would start a thread.

I am 42 and had my kiddos 14 months apart in my late 30s, both via C-section. I lift heavy weight in the gym 3x weekly and do additional light workouts most other days for at least 30 minutes. I adhere to the MWL guidelines completely, even gave up coffee, and I am fastidious with meal preparation. I drink about 80oz of water a day on average. I am 5'3" and my weights are in my signature. I have had thyroid, electrolyte, and CBC panels and all hormone panels come back perfect.

I have not been able to budge any weight for the last three weeks at all. My measurements are exactly the same. I fluctuate +/- one pound but I just can't seem to make the weight go. Am I just being too impatient? My GP here in New Zealand actually got me started on the whole McDougall journey and he said something that stuck with me - he told me I didn't trust my body. I suppose I don't, given this entire post. I'm really trying to trust it but I guess I need reassurance? Thank you for any input. :)

Welcome

As you know from reading the forum, I am unable to respond to specific personal issues.

However, My recommendation to you would be to join the August MWL Weigh-In Group. It is a great group with a few great moderators and is very helpful. The group focuses on behavior modification based on the 10-Pt checklist of the MWL guidelines. You will find resources there on everything from plateaus to rate of weight loss, etc. If you can’t find anything, just ask and someone will help you out.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=61216

There is an orientation thread for anyone looking to join the group.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=61210

I think you will find the group helpful.

In Health
Jeff
JeffN

Return to Jeff Novick, RD