f1jim + landog...any Sumo's yet?

For those questions and discussions on the McDougall program that don’t seem to fit in any other forum.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: f1jim + landog...any Sumo's yet?

Postby debknott » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:07 am

Mom+Me wrote:
debknott wrote:The Cara Cara oranges are available now too. They are delicious!

Thanks for this reminder, debknott!

I bought a bag of blood oranges and once again, while thrilled with their color, thought they were less tasty than the classic naval oranges. Cara cara's next trip! :D

Yep. The blood oranges LOOK good, but they are NOTHING compared to the Cara Caras. I love them and my husband is positively addicted!
debknott

Postby veggiecat » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:56 am

They are in Whole Foods in West Palm Beach, FL.
Best wishes,Cat
veggiecat

Postby f1jim » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:59 pm

Stocked up on Sumos today. $2.49 a lb at Luckys market. Usually $3.99 around here.
f1jim
While adopting this diet and lifestyle program I have reversed my heart disease, high cholesterol, hypertension, and lost 54 lbs. You can follow my story at https://www.drmcdougall.com/james-brown/
f1jim

Postby Mom+Me » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:44 pm

debknott wrote:
Mom+Me wrote:
debknott wrote:The Cara Cara oranges are available now too. They are delicious!

Thanks for this reminder, debknott!

I bought a bag of blood oranges and once again, while thrilled with their color, thought they were less tasty than the classic naval oranges. Cara cara's next trip! :D

Yep. The blood oranges LOOK good, but they are NOTHING compared to the Cara Caras. I love them and my husband is positively addicted!

Well, I didn't get the Cara Cara's as soon as I had planned on, hence my delay in writing my review. Yes, debknott, you are correct. The Cara Cara's are lovely! I did purchase one Sumo and it was delicious! But..., I just can't justify paying $2.75 for one piece of fruit when I've been able to get regular Navel and Cara Cara's on sale for under $1.00 a pound. One thing about the Sumo, though, the skin was thin, so at least there was a lot of fruit. :-D

For some reason the Navel oranges have been my favorite so far this season. But we have over ten Cara Cara's here, too, so you know I really like them, as well.
"Eat your heart out (of trouble)!"--Dr. John A. McDougall
Mom+Me

Postby Mom+Me » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:47 pm

f1jim wrote:Stocked up on Sumos today. $2.49 a lb at Luckys market. Usually $3.99 around here.
f1jim

Sounds like that was a lucky find at Lucky's Market, f1jim! So glad you were able to fuel your addiction all the more with that great price find. :lol:
Mom+Me

Postby ch47gunnergirl » Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:02 pm

Mom+Me wrote:if I could get 10 for $15, I would be eating more of them!

Turns out that it was 8 in a box for $15, but they were delicious! Was approx 4.5 lbs of fruit, so not as good of a deal as I thought, but I suspected something might have been "off" on the online grocery store listing since they are certainly not grown anywhere near me :D
ch47gunnergirl

Postby Mom+Me » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:45 pm

ch47gunnergirl wrote:
Mom+Me wrote:if I could get 10 for $15, I would be eating more of them!

Turns out that it was 8 in a box for $15, but they were delicious! Was approx 4.5 lbs of fruit, so not as good of a deal as I thought, but I suspected something might have been "off" on the online grocery store listing since they are certainly not grown anywhere near me :D

I'm sorry for acknowledging your reply so late, ch47gunnergirl. Too bad it wasn't as good of a deal as you thought it was, but for Sumos, as you kind of mentioned, it wasn't horrible, and at least they were delicious! Yum!!
Mom+Me

Previous

Return to The Lounge