Still going strong (plant that is) !!!

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Still going strong (plant that is) !!!

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:47 pm

Ilove dogs46 wrote:Sometimes I think I am the only one who has strayed. I have not given up all the healthy foods, just have let some high fat items and sugar into my life. Comfort food. I am discouraged because of the weight gain, but am hopeful that i can find more comfort in the healthier options. Too much isolation and boredom. lack of motivation. Thanks again. Now that I can post again I hope to gain the inspiration that I lost while I was without being able to see my on line friends. Hope you are doing well. Rebia

Hi Rebia!!! :D :) :-D

I Love Dogs too!!! :-D

Love your thread here... can so relate to how simple that you were eating ... :D

I bet that you can find more comfort in healthier options. I totally understand what you are saying about "too much isolation and boredom"... I gained 23 pandemic pounds (and I had a few other ones to lose as well)... Have lost them now. It took some time... (but I didn't gain them in a day either... :lol: )

You can check out https://www.drmcdougall.com/articles/st ... h-teselle/ --- Elizabeth gained some COVID lbs. too and she kicked them to the curb... See addendum to her Star McD story - pretty inspriring.

Anyway, wishing you the best!!! You can do this. Are you in Saskatchewan??? I am in US - around Chicago, IL (so know the cold but not the cold that you may...)...

Cheers,
Stephanie
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Postby Ilove dogs46 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:44 am

Hi Stephanie, So nice to hear from you. Sorry for not answering sooner. I for get to check. Was unable to access the web sight for so long. Yes, I am in Saskatchewan. I was born 60 miles south of Chicago. In Watseka. I have been here 40 years now. Don't mind the cold anymore. I am doing better now. Summer helped my mood. keep up the good work. I'm working on my motivation. If I could just get motified. ha ha. My new puppy has got me moving a lot more. Chat soon, Rebia
Ilove dogs46

Postby VegSeekingFit » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:12 pm

Hey Rebia!! :)

I Google'd Watseka... Closest I was ever by there I guess was Champaign / Urbana... :) Saskatchewan looks awesome (though chilly)...

Summers help my mood too!!! 100%...

Anyway, wanted to say "hi" and hope that you are doing awesome!!! New puppy sounds fantastic!!!

Best,
Stephanie
I ❤️ the McDougall program!! It has given me a new lease on life.

Thankful for amazing people - McDs, JeffN, Mark, Tiffany, Goose!

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/s ... ight-loss/
VegSeekingFit

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories