December 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: December 2019 McDougall Weigh In Thread

Postby laurag » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:09 pm

Hi there I watched the Doug Lisle continuum of evil . Thanks for all the links it is really helpful I love having all this support. This lecture reinforced the last one I watched about having a plan. I get so much out of his talks not just the plan thing! I really have a problem planning dinner and I haven't able to give up a meal after dinner. Does anybody have a go to dinner they love? Hi to new person! :)
laurag

Postby stillcrazy » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:25 am

Hi, I am returning and will post a loss next week (not allowing for a gain!). I fell hard off the wagon and gained 11 lbs. in one week. Definitely didn’t have the courage to post that at the time :oops: But now I have had about 3 pretty good weeks and am remembering what kind of life I want. After the first day or two of being out of control I felt pretty hopeless and of course didn’t weigh myself right away so it went from bad to worse. Weighing myself pretty much shocked me back to sanity! Vee
stillcrazy

Postby moonlight » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:50 am

laurag wrote:Hi there I watched the Doug Lisle continuum of evil . Thanks for all the links it is really helpful I love having all this support. This lecture reinforced the last one I watched about having a plan. I get so much out of his talks not just the plan thing! I really have a problem planning dinner and I haven't able to give up a meal after dinner. Does anybody have a go to dinner they love? Hi to new person! :)

Hi Laura,
I struggle with the plan thing sometimes, too. For me, the go to when I don't have anything prepped in advance is baked steak fries from potatoes I cut up at home (I think you can buy frozen ones and them ready to go from the freezer.) I will add roasted Brussel sprouts (from frozen) or canned green beans. That is my "I'm hungry and need to eat soon" mood. I like to keep homemade soup in the refrigerator that I can eat while the potatoes are cooking. I've found some Brussel sprouts and 3-bean salad in the grocery store that I like for a quick snack while my main meal is cooking. Also, if I'm staying prepared, I like to keep veggie patties either frozen or a mixture in the refrigerator for a quick beginning to a meal. I hope this helps!
moonlight

Postby laurag » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:38 pm

Thank u moonlight! I just bought Brussel sprouts! I never have before so I will give that a go! I will also do soup thing I love the veggie patty on hand too. Steak fries r so yummy I will look for frozen too
laurag

Postby laurag » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:43 pm

Hi Vee :) watch the Dr Lisle continuum of evil one it's all about failing and how that is ok and expected and I really felt better after watching it my self esteem is so much lighter and feels good! Welcome back . I will weigh in this week too I hadn't in a long time.
laurag

Postby stillcrazy » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:10 am

Thanks Laura, it’s always good to feel like we’re not alone! I am inspired to have a good week and hope you do too. Vee
stillcrazy

Postby deweyswakms » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:41 am

laurag wrote: I haven't able to give up a meal after dinner. Does anybody have a go to dinner they love? Hi to new person! :)

Hi, are you hungry when you eat that meal after dinner? If you are hungry, then perhaps you aren't eating enough at 'dinner'. I like the other ideas here. I normally eat the most food for breakfast, then a good portion for lunch. I try not to eat too much at 'dinner', so oatmeal (with ground flax and hemp hearts, blueberries) is often what I eat at dinner. And potatoes really are filling so I just love a bowl of mashed potatoes and carrots for my last meal of the day. I also try to stop eating a couple of hours before bedtime. Good luck. Marsha
start weight 210 on 7/25/14; MWL recommit 7/2019 weight 197. 6/11/2022 weight 165.0. Height 5'8".
deweyswakms

Postby deweyswakms » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:46 am

Sandy Sue wrote:Hi everyone,

I just began on Sunday, Dec. 1. I was inspired by seeing You Tube videos of Esther Loveridge who has lost over 100 lbs. on the McDougall plan. She started a few years ago when she was 73 I think. That is how old I am now. I have some of the same medical conditions she had, namely osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, diverticulosis and hypothyroidism among others. She has overcome her medical problems by eating this way and I am hoping to do the same. I have lost 4 lbs. this week.

Starting weight--12/1/19: 258 lbs.

Present Weight--12/4/16: 254 lbs.

Welcome Sandy Sue! You are in the right place! Marsha
start weight 210 on 7/25/14; MWL recommit 7/2019 weight 197. 6/11/2022 weight 165.0. Height 5'8".
deweyswakms

Postby deweyswakms » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:53 am

Good morning, 13 days till Christmas! yikes

11/28/19 weight is 186.4 -.6
12/5/19 weight is 186.4
12/12/19 weight is 185.6 so a loss of .8 lbs.

I have been bouncing around the 185 weight, so I have to double down to lose more. Holiday goodies don't really tempt me, but I do have to watch out for salty things.

Marsha
deweyswakms

Postby AnnetteW » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:22 am

Dec 5 - 148.5 (+0.4 lb)
Dec 12 - 146.2 (-2.3 lbs)

Happy to see the 146's. Now to stay on this roll through the end of the year.
AnnetteW

Postby stillcrazy » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:10 am

Well I am back in the groove with a really nice 3.0 loss this past week! One thing I have done is to increase my veggies, eating salads and soup and then filling up on potatoes or rice. I've also been eating Ezekiel bread, not sure if it's MWL or not, I guess I'd better check up on that.

Sandy Sue, happy to see you here! I am right in your ballpark in both age and weight so it's nice to have the company. And way to go Annette,looks like you had a nice drop to get down there where you wanted to be. Congratulations! Vee
stillcrazy

Postby Lyndzie » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:44 am

Unfortunately, Ezekiel bread is not part of the MWL guidelines, but it is McDougall approved for the regular program.
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Sandy Sue » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:06 am

Thanks for the welcome everyone. :)

This is my second week. I lost 1 pound this week I got off track because I ate some toast. I find it hard to give up bread and coffee, but I am working on it.

Sandy Sue

Postby laurag » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:25 am

Thank u Marsha good ideas for dinner and after! And Christmas count down its here!
So I am weighing in 148
laurag

Postby amandamechele » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:07 am

Michele, Artista and Vic, my apologies for not getting back to you last week after you checked in. Please come and say Hi again this week. :)

Vee - Hey and welcome back! Nice loss this week. I’m glad you found the courage to regroup, weigh in and get back to earning the life you want. XO. How are you finding yourself adjusting to being back on track and following the guidelines? Any issues? Lindsey is right, Ezekiel bread isn’t really great for maximum weight loss due to its caloric density. If you find you aren’t losing next week, that would be the first food I’d lose...LOL...I’m so funny :lol:.

Moonlight! - I’ve missed hearing from you. Hope things are well and glad you are ever at this: continuing to stay prepared and be your ever encouraging self. :) I was so happy when I found an oil free bean salad at Costco, but once I tasted it I found it way to sweet. Do you have a brand that you could recommend?

Laura Hi Laura!

Marsha - Eeek, only 13 more days? I’m not able to do any shopping until after the 17th, as I’m chained to my desk until then...LOL. I hope their are toys left in the stores for my kids. Nice loss this week, and its great to hear you are staying out to the holiday sweets. Don’t even tempt yourself, that makes it so much easier.

Annette - Nice job! What are the changes that you made this week?

Sandy Sue - That is a very respectable loss for the week. Some people find it easiest to go cold turkey and go straight to 100% following the guidelines and others find it best to remove 1 or 2 non-adherent items at a time. Think about which way you think will be the best route for you to take in order to best stay eating this way for the long term. My preference has always been to very slowly peel off a band-aid which I find hurts less, but does prolong the pain. My mom, she’s a rip it off kind of woman. Get the hurt over with fast and move onto feeling good. :)

For a little extra pre-holiday motivation,check out these 10 Secrets to Success from Jeff.
amandamechele

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program