MWL FEB 2010!! On plan and planning to stay that way!

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: MWL FEB 2010!! On plan and planning to stay that way!

Postby amyla51 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:45 pm

The printable BMI chart I found is at: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/bmi_tbl.pdf

I ran it off and have it hanging right above my desk.

Amy in NH :)
Amy in NH

"Potato Power!" (courtesy of Jeff Novick)
Nothing is impossible to a willing heart.
"On Plan and planning to stay that way." (Thanks, Letha)
amyla51

Postby MaryW » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:29 pm

I am having a rough week. I joined a gym last week. I went four days in a row and exercised 30 mins or more each time. That is MUCH more than I have been doing. But after those 4 days, I got on the scale and had gained 2 pounds! :-( Then on Valentine's Day I got a box of chocolate. WHY would someone give chocolate to a person who is trying to lose weight?? A person who obviously has food issues?? Well, I decided not to open it and take it straight to work. But then I ate the whole thing in about 10 mins. :-( So how did I react to eating the chocolate? I ate chips! What was i thinking?? I haven't had any chips in about 2 months. I completely lost my mind. Now I have a cold. It's just a poopy week all the way around.

The good news is, I LOVE going to the gym! I love walking on the treadmill. The ellyptical makes me feel like I'm going to die, so I need to work up to that. I can only do 5 mins so far. I'm looking at a couple of classes to take. I'm pretty intimidated by the classes, but the only thing I have to fear is fear itself! I'm sure the instructors are perfectly nice. And if I don't like one, I can go to another one. I've been taking that yoga class at work for almost 2 years. I was really nervous about it at first, but now I look forward to it.

So...gym good, chips bad. Moving on.
MaryW

Postby freckles12 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:41 am

AmyLa - thank you so much for the link to the BMI chart. I didn't realize that I actually can weigh about 4 more pounds than I thought to be out of the overweight category.

MaryW - I think that we have all been where you were this past week and we probably will all be there again. The trick is to get right back on plan ASAP instead of continuing days, weeks, months of unhealthy eating ( which was my usual mode of operation in the past)

This time around I am not counting calories and I so far am not loosing much weight. However, there have been other results that I love. For the past 13 years I have gotten very depressed in the winter months, but this winter(ever since Jan 5) I have been eating more food, especially startches and staying completely away from SAD foods, I have not had one day of depression, I feel terrific and I have more energy than I ever thought possible. How great I feel is worth the much smaller weight loss than when I was counting calories andwas hungry all of the time.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wH8BjVJ/]
[/url]
freckles12

Postby Yomom » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:00 am

I am on plan and planning to stay that way. Weighing in with all of you every week helps keep me on track. My next mini-goal is 164 lbs, which is in the "normal" BMI range for my height.
Yomom

Postby Love the Lorax » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:38 am

Those little "mini-goals" are great!! I'm sure you will get there soon. It really boosts one's morale to achieve something like that. My next mini-goal is under 150, hopefully to get there very soon.

Yomom wrote:I am on plan and planning to stay that way. Weighing in with all of you every week helps keep me on track. My next mini-goal is 164 lbs, which is in the "normal" BMI range for my height.
Love the Lorax

Postby RiceGirl » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:15 pm

Debbie - my cat (~9 years old at the time) started losing his hair, too, and when I finally took him to the vet, they said it was because he was anemic! So they gave him something (can't remember what), that I had to give him for several weeks, and it fixed him right up. The best part was that he liked it - would even lick it off the dropper - so it wasn't the least bit traumatic for either one of us. :-D

Hang in there.
DJ
DJ
Height 5'9"

Things are more like they are now than they've ever been - The Elephant Hill School of Economics
RiceGirl

Postby Sierra » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:14 am

I lost 2 lbs. for the week and was 100% MWL!!
Sierra

Postby deelightful » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:50 am

Down 3.4lbs, 70%MWL... I really do blame the gallbladder, and my fears of tummy aches making me stick with the blandest of foods. Surg scheduled for next Friday, so I won't be checking in for a few weeks... Everyone hang in there! Chocolate followed by chips isn't the most horrible thing Mary except that you're no doubt having the stomach ache to make you feel like it wasn't a good decision! Which will no doubt drive you to eat better afterward... It works! Have a great few weeks all, my plan is to stay on MWL as close to 100% as I can these next few weeks.
Mediocrity is no longer okay.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyE8bpS/]
[/url]
deelightful

Postby Love the Lorax » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:53 am

I'm down 1.8 pounds, not bad considering that last weekend was not good - a trip to Olive Garden (however tasty) just doesn't bode well for the scales. I wasn't the best McDougaller.... sniff... On a good note - I hit my goal (barely......) of getting below 150 in the morning - 149.8. Those are some hard-earned numbers!

Let's see...... 90% MWL, 5% regular McD, 5% off plan altogether.

Time to update the ticker!
Love the Lorax

Postby Love the Lorax » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:59 am

deelightful,

I know EXACTLY where you are coming from! I had my gallbladder out 14 months ago. By the time I had surgery, I would get attacks eating something as bland as a PLAIN baked potato. Pasta with marinara sauce one evening about killed me. The pain was really bad, and happening so often no matter how well I behaved with diet that I gave up and had the surgery. For me, it worked out great. No more pain, no weird side effects, just feeling better.

My only surprise was how long it took to recover. Yes, I had the laparoscopic surgery, and was up and around fairly soon (way better than abdominal surgery, which was a nightmare to get over), but I was just so tired for so long. Seemed like for a good month or even a little more that small things would wear me out.

I wish you well!

deelightful wrote:Down 3.4lbs, 70%MWL... I really do blame the gallbladder, and my fears of tummy aches making me stick with the blandest of foods. Surg scheduled for next Friday, so I won't be checking in for a few weeks... Everyone hang in there! Chocolate followed by chips isn't the most horrible thing Mary except that you're no doubt having the stomach ache to make you feel like it wasn't a good decision! Which will no doubt drive you to eat better afterward... It works! Have a great few weeks all, my plan is to stay on MWL as close to 100% as I can these next few weeks.
Love the Lorax

Postby RiceGirl » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:31 am

I'm down another 2 lbs - 90% MWL and 10% regular McD (I'm guessing at this, you understand).

DJ

DJ
Height 5'9"

Things are more like they are now than they've ever been - The Elephant Hill School of Economics
RiceGirl

Postby Yomom » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:50 am

Minus two pounds this week for me, and a total weight loss of 40 lbs since July 2009. I am one pound away from a "Normal" BMI for my height.
Cheers to everyone on this MWL journey.
Yomom

Postby Jackie J » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:30 am

I gained a pound bringing my up to 153 - I'm hoping it's salt from the soy sauce i dumped on my veggies yesterday. i was distracted by bad news of a dear friend being diagnosed with ovarian cancer and an old love who rejected me finding someone else - the extra food and salt seemed like good comfort at the time but now that i have to live with the results, i'm kicking myself. in any event, i will be more disciplined this week.
Jackie J

Postby vickidau » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:42 am

(edit)
Last edited by vickidau on Wed May 12, 2010 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vickidau

Postby Vegeloon » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:18 pm

Hi All -
I'm down 3 pounds this week! Woo Hoo!
I have had a nasty cold which has helped me cuz I just didn't feel so much like eating. Mc D soup cups to the rescue!
Have a good weekend and keep on staying on plan!
Debbie
What would Mc Dougall do?
Vegeloon

PreviousNext

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program