MWL FEB 2010!! On plan and planning to stay that way!

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: MWL FEB 2010!! On plan and planning to stay that way!

Postby McDetermined » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:23 pm

Down two pounds this week, 80% MWL. These are the two pounds that I went up last week. I have my head a little straighter now. (And the hormonal swing is over.)

Good job to all!

- Lisa R.
McDetermined

Postby JamieR » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:24 pm

Heya, Folks!

I hope you are all having better luck than I am! After great losses at the start of the month, my weight loss slowed last week...and this week I gained 2 1/2 lbs!

I don't understand it. I've been perfectly, 100% MWL this whole month. I make all my own food, from whole foods...so no creeping sodium from prepared-by-other items. (Earlier in the month, I did have some plan-safe sauces, but nothing these last two weeks.)

Looking at what I ate over this last week, I just don't see how I could gain so much weight.

The only thing I can think of is not diet related. I still have to take 30 units of insulin. After being able to drop my units from 75 to 30 (start of the month until mid-month), I haven't been able drop any more. This is still a LOT of insulin to take. BTW, I gained 42 lbs last year (in 9 months), from when I started taking insulin.

Its disheartening, to say the least. On the plus side, my neuropathy continues to improve...I have more energy...my blood pressure at home is completely normal (though still high when at the doctor).

I kept forgetting to write this in my other updates, but my DH is doing this with me. He doesn't have as many health issues as I do, but is having great results. He's lost 10 lbs this month, and had bad edema in his legs improve. He has a lot more energy; I notice him walking more quickly (w/o him noticing it). He even broke into a jog during some of our walks...something he's never done.
JamieR

Postby comingtotrue » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:49 pm

I am down 3.2 pounds over the last two weeks.

I'm on plan and planning to stay that way. On to March!
comingtotrue

Postby Daffodil » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:52 pm

1/2 lb again. (.5)
Talk about frustrating...ekeing out a mere .5. I'm eating so much fiber, I feel like a tree is in there. ;)
-Amy in NV
-------------
Daffodil

Postby RiceGirl » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:45 pm

I'm down another 2 lbs :D I couldn't be 100% McD (I don't even know what % to estimate) what with the language barrier (I didn't speak Spanish) and eating out all weekend. But the wedding was lovely and we walked EVERYWHERE over cobblestones, no less.

DJ

DJ
Height 5'9"

Things are more like they are now than they've ever been - The Elephant Hill School of Economics
RiceGirl

Postby stormie » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:17 pm

I am down 1 lb yay
Since February 22, 2010

stormie

Postby Lacey » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:40 am

Zero. Zilch. Nada. :-(
Lacey

Postby NatureRabbi » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:44 am

I am down 1.9 Lard Birds (finishing the month at minus 8.9).

I understand however, the frustration of a slow moving scale. I wonder if it is just bodies adjusting to the weight loss, and for those exercising, whether it is the development of muscle which is heavier than fat.

During my slowest time period earlier this month, I was surprised to see changes in my measurements. May I suggest you might try measurements? It sometimes picks up my enthusiasm when the scale is disappointing. I try to measure once a month and am looking forward to doing so tomorrow.

Cheering everyone on -- we are running a marathon, not a sprint. It took us a while to get chubby, and we will hang in there together as we get lean, healthy and reach our desired weight goals.

On plan and planning to stay that way.

ann
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2hFRfm/]
[/url]

NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING THIN AND HEALTHY FEELS.
NatureRabbi

Postby SactoBob » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:42 am

Deb,
There has to be an answer. Don't you think it is time to journal everything you eat for a week and post it to Jeff's forum. Include labels for all products that have labels.

The only questions I might have -
Are you still eating tortillas? You could stop those with benefit I think.
Are you eating any other "dried goods?"
And how much green and yellow vegetables are you eating?
And from Jeff's calorie density dvd, something that is working for me-
Start your meals with a very low calorie density food. By preloading with a soup and salad, you will eat less of the higher calorie density foods, like the grains etc. This really works.
SactoBob

Postby MaryW » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:04 pm

I didn't weigh in this week! I fell asleep last night watching the Olympics. I meant to post this morning at work, but I forgot. I lost the 2 pounds that I gained last week, so it wouldn't have changed our number anyway. Good job everyone on the losses and for sticking with it!
MaryW

Postby vickidau » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:48 pm

(edit)
Last edited by vickidau on Wed May 12, 2010 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vickidau

Postby Love the Lorax » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:45 pm

I'm glad you are back - I've been thinking about you a great deal even though I don't know you IRL. Our bodies can be frustrating, eh?

Your comments really had me thinking about things that help weight loss. For example, you commented about losing a bit even when you weren't 100% compliant. I've read more than once that if you eat low calorie amounts (say 1000-1200 cal a day) every day that your body gets used to it, and will hold onto weight easier because the metabolism is a bit slower. Therefore, eating more every few days keeps the body's metabolism up. Not that the Biggest Loser has all the answers - NOT AT ALL! LOL!! - but I remember reading back around the second season that contestants who had 1800 cal every third day, and 1200 the other days, lost more than those that did a straight 1200 a day every day. I know that every few days I tend to really chow down more than others, but it works out fine. Not SAD food, just more (or perhaps some pasta if I'm really craving it - not MWL, but still Mcd legal).

On another thread someone posted that they can't eat in the evening or the scales won't move. Other people have said it doesn't matter. So, what follows if purely MY experience only - I decided to give up any snacking after supper time for Lent. Yep, I've had a growling belly quite a few times. My snacks had been McD legal. Yet, cutting out the calories in the evening seems to have resulted in faster weight loss. Maybe I was snacking more than I realized - bowls of oatmeal, etc. Maybe there is something to that thing of eating earlier gets calories burned off faster, I'm not sure. It just seemed to make a difference to me.

Another thing I've been trying to do is more "quickie exercises". For example - brushing teeth - since I'm already bent over the sink, I will stick one leg out in back and then squat up and down a bit on one leg, then switch. I don't watch TV often, but if I do I make myself squeeze in a few crunches, whatever. Not a full workout, just little things to keep the muscles moving throughout the day.

I have to go now, I'll check in later. Your frustration really caught my attention. We are here for you, and the weight will start coming off if you persist. This board has truly helped me through many a rough spot. I'm SURE others have had those times when the pounds seem glued to their bodies, and can understand your frustration.

debbie wrote:Checking in----I am still here, even if I took a little detour. Basically beginning again. I did the dreaded feel sorry for myself and of course it doesnt help, ever.

So here I am, with new resolve that I will get this figured out.
Love the Lorax

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program