Starting "Mary's Mini-McDougall Diet" tomorrow

For those wanting to learn about and follow the McDougall Maximum Weight Loss Program. You can also join our monthly weigh-ins.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby baron » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:30 am

Day 3 and feeling very good! The sinus congestion is gone!
I woke up very hungry at 6 AM. Usually I'm not hungry until 9, so this is different. No worries, I just microwaved 2 potatos which I'm having with some grapes.

noodle, thanks for the support! I'll be interested to hear how you and husband are doing. I have the same weight loss goal as your husband. I'd to eventually lose 15 pounds.

I ate a lot yesterday -- 2 potatoes at lunch and dinner with lots of green vegetables, and 2 apples during the day for snacks.

I'm still down another pound today, but I know it is probably because I had almost no added sodium the last two days.

jmgoforth-that's great to hear. Coming to this board helps me too.

havfaith - Enjoy those sweet potatoes. I know, my cart was full of potatoes, along with bags of frozen homefries and frozen vegetables -- the checkout person didn't say anything though :-D

Great Sunny!
baron

Postby noodle » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:13 am

Baron - FANTASTIC! Keep at it!

My husband is doing good. I think I already posted what he ate on SAT.

Today I made hashbrowns for all of us with some cantalope for breakfast.

Lunch he will have three small red pot. and an apple.

Dinner is a big spinach salad and some oven baked french fries.

He was down 1 pound this morning and was a little discouraged. I guess he thought he'd lose 5 lbs. overnight! :? But I gave him a good pep talk so he's going to stick with it. What's really neat though, is that I decided to eat the same as he is so I'm not having to prepare all different kinds of meals around here. And I was down 1 lb. this morning too. I'm 5'5" and am at 104 lbs. so I don't really need to lose, but I'm feeling so good eating this way!

Take Care!
noodle

Postby baron » Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:42 pm

That's great that you and your husband can do this together noodle, but make sure you eat enough! :) I'm your height, but with a lot more to spare! :eek:
baron

Postby Veganrocks » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:37 pm

I am so with you all!! This is a very good time to start....
Veg since 1977.
Veganrocks

I'm starting tomorrow!

Postby naturalmom » Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:10 pm

I can do five days this week, then we're having a Saturday Thanksgiving meal at someone's house - so I will aim to restart next Sunday. I'd rather do it this way than wait until after Saturday to start at all.

I am really excited about trying this out. I did McDougall a couple of years ago, lost 16 pounds in 3 weeks, and then began to "relax". I kept the weight off for a couple more months, but my diet just worsened until it was back to "normal". I've also had pretty bad sinus issues and asthma since I went back to "normal".

I had decided recently to do something more longterm. I have thought about being vegan for 2007. It seems less daunting to commit for a year rather than a lifetime, and yet it's enough time for me to really see a difference.
naturalmom

Postby baron » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:07 am

Best wishes to those starting today! I woke up today with lots of energy and went for a beautiful morning walk. The weather is just wonderful here in AZ right now.

I find that I really can eat all that I want, as long I stick to the guidelines.
I bought a large bag of fresh organic green beans yesterday at the farmer's market along with a bunch of small yukon gold potatoes which I love, so breakfast was a large plate of those with baked potato.

I even met a friend who called to have brunch and since I had already eaten, I explained this and just had an apple and a bottled water. We sat at an outdoor table and it was not an issue.
baron

mary's mini

Postby Jackie J » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:09 pm

yesterday was day one -- lost a pound -- 41 more to go --
Jackie J

1st Honest Day

Postby jmgoforth » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:29 pm

Breakfast Hot Ceral

Lunch at Arbby's Salad-Martha Vineyard- Removed meat and cheese.
2 potatoes

Supper potatoe and homemade beans.

Been a very stressful day.
1. We are in the process of having a new Sheriff. The old Sheriff doen't like me because the new Sheriff and I are friends. Any way the old Sheriff chewed my butt because he was angry at the new Sheriff. I got caught in the crossfire.

2. I had to do payroll today as my treasurer was on vacation.

3. Someone dropped off a large sack of homemade cookies for the inmates. I have to deliever them to the jail.
Otherwise it is a good day. At least I have stayed my course.
Phi 4:[13 Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.
jmgoforth

Previous

Return to Maximum Weight Loss Program