First Time Posting But I can't keep Quiet any Longer

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Postby susie » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:44 am

Vwnut wrote "we need each other".

We sure do!

Susie
susie

Postby Nettie » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:18 am

Congratulations, vwnut! It's nice when the numbers support what we preach: that a vegan diet is the healthiest way to live.
I suspect a lot of us might be converting our doctors to this new way of thinking. A friend of mine has a lot of both cancer and heart disease in her family. After learning about this way of eating from me, she embarked on the McDougall plan. Her doctor now calls her his "poster child" for healthy eating: her scans show a reversal of her coronary artery disease!
Keep up the good work, and let us know how it's going.
Nettie
Nettie

Postby vwnut » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:06 pm

Well, I got a letter from my Dr. saying he was becomming the medical director over all 150 Dr.'s in the organization and I need to transfer to someone else. It is so hard to find a Dr. who takes the time to talk to you and is open to your ideas. I made an appointment with another in the same practiced but for 4 months down the road. That will give me time to finish getting off the Calcium blocker following my next door neighbors advice (fresh out of school pharmacist). If I don't see any need for it, I will drop one of the other blood pressure meds also and when I see him I will be "clean" of most of my meds. Maybe the timing is good. I have until late October.
Wouldn't it be great if Dr. Mcdougall had a list of Dr.'s who were like minded and that we could call on in our own area of the country?
"If it is a plant eat it; If it is made in a plant leave it."
vwnut

success stories

Postby Micaela Cook » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:29 pm

I read your posting and would like to congratulate you on such a success! That is terrific!

You may have read Dr. McDougall's latest posting about submitting success stories to Dr. T. Colin Campbell - I am coordinating an effort to contact people who have experienced success in healing disease or ill health using a plant-based diet. If you are interested in participating, I would love to tell you more about. I can be reached at [email protected] or 607-330-2685. I hope to hear from you.

Sincerely,

Micaela
Micaela Cook
Multimedia Data Collection
The Campbell Foundation
[email protected]
Micaela Cook

Postby FrauMomandant » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:52 pm

What wonderful results! Keep taking good care of yourself! :-)
Keeping the home fires burning,

FrauMomandant
Mom of six, Grammie of one.
Married to my honey for 30 years.
FrauMomandant

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories