Latest labs

Share your McDougall successes here in order to inspire others.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

e2l

Postby ncyg46 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:15 pm

NO....Dr Furhman said if I didn't eat the nuts I would have sudden cardiac death. I left the site...he looks orange, he looks terrible and so does the guy that moved from lovely Colorado to New Jersey!!! It is a very sore spot with me after all the nasty comments..sorry just my opinion :D
ncyg46

Postby VeggieSue » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:28 am

"Never underestimate the drawing power of the Garden State." - bus station ticket clerk in the Kevin Smith movie, Dogma

We have lots of beautiful areas here in NJ, and Flemington, where Dr. F has his practice, is one of them.

The area where *I* live, not so beautiful (former oil refinery town), but very close to NYC, which has its own advantages and disadvantages.
VeggieSue

east coast

Postby ncyg46 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:20 am

i grew up on Long Island, my sister lived in Westfield, NJ and yes there are pretty places. I just don't like the weather in that area, seems to be always grey and dreary to me :D Dr. F is just a sore spot for me.... :-D :eek:
ncyg46

Re: e2l

Postby Faith in DC » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:26 am

ncyg46 wrote:NO....Dr Furhman said if I didn't eat the nuts I would have sudden cardiac death. I left the site...he looks orange, he looks terrible and so does the guy that moved from lovely Colorado to New Jersey!!! It is a very sore spot with me after all the nasty comments..sorry just my opinion :D

Hmmm maybe Doc. F used QT self tanner?
Faith
I'm in training for maintaining
Faith in DC

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:57 am

I have been orange in the past, if I eat lots of carrots and red peppers or put lots of them in my smoothies.

One summer my husband and I ate lots of hummus with carrots and there was roasted red pepper in the hummus. We started looking weird until we got some sun and tanned over the orange glow!
It IS the food! :unibrow:
(... do these earrings make my butt look big?)
Mrs. Doodlepunk

looking orange

Postby ncyg46 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:16 am

:eek: maybe I look orange too!!! been eating hummus and carrots lately too...I made some the other day and yes I was bad and did use some tahini in it but it is sooooo much tastier that way :(
ncyg46

Postby Mrs. Doodlepunk » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:35 am

ncyg - have you read Dr. Esselstyn's book yet? He says no oil, not a drop, if you have heart disease, no nuts or tahini either. Boo hoo. I have a half a case of almond butter downstairs in the fridge. I guess I'll use it in baking for the boys, they don't like it on bread or just to eat it.

The recipe in that book for "Everything Hummus" is perfect for me, I can't stand hummus without tahini and this has no tahini but doesn't need it! It's just garbanzos, baby carrots, red peppers, green onion (or vidalia?) cucumber and lemon juice and fresh parsley. It is SO good! I eat it on thin sliced whole rye bread.
It IS the food! :unibrow:
(... do these earrings make my butt look big?)
Mrs. Doodlepunk

Postby Rita » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:03 pm

If you see Dr. Fuhrman in person, he really doesn't look orange. He has a healthy-looking complexion, as do Mary and Dr. John.
Rita

esselstyn's book

Postby ncyg46 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:19 pm

yes, I have his book and have read and reread it a lot. I don't use oil, I do use nuts and flaxseed, I know that Dr. F said that I would have a sudden cardiac arrhythmia or death if I didn't eat nuts...so I have recipes from all of them. I don't really know if I have what would be considered heart disease or what, I know my arteries were pretty bad, but I never had a heart attack, I had a bypass in 94 or so. Tried to change my eating style but didn't really do much with it till last year....

I will try the other recipe but I have thrown out so many of them, this one is "restaurant" style and I use less tahini that the recipe calls for and I cream it up with lemon juice, then throw in the garlic and much less chickpeas than normal...and some parsley :P
ncyg46

Previous

Return to Testimonials and Success Stories