Yoga rules!

Share your favorite approaches to stay active, fit and healthy.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Yoga rules!

Postby Atheria » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:54 pm

I just want to tell others that daily yoga where I hold poses for a count of 20 has not only caused me to gain muscle, firm up, reshape my body, and regain bone density (DEXA proved it), but it has also greatly improved my panic/anxiety disorder and given me more confidence. I made up my own 50-55 minute routine from the book Yoga for Osteoporosis, and do it for free in my living room. Yoga rules!!

Namaste,
Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Re: Yoga rules!

Postby Vanilla Orchid » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:14 pm

Congratulations, and please keep at it. I'm doing it, too. No idea what it's doing for my bones--yet, but I sure wish Dr. McDougall would invite Dr. Fishman (who wrote Yoga v. Osteoporosis) to be a participant in one of his programs. His book (along with Dr. McDougall's recommendations) saved me from taking some very dangerous medications my doctor recommended. There are many many women who need this information.
Vanilla Orchid

Re: Yoga rules!

Postby Atheria » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:30 pm

I fully agree! My doctor wanted me on evil Fosamax immediately (April 2014) when at age 47 I was diagnosed with osteoporosis in my lower back and osteopenia in my femoral neck/hips. I argued with her and she agreed, begrudgingly, to give me one year to help myself naturally. I was rescanned this past April and gained bone in both my hips and back! I still have a way to go but I'm moving in the right direction at 48.

You can tell that you're probably gaining bone if you are firming up and gaining muscle definition. I'm defined and firm now where I had been just thin with no muscle before.

Yoga rules!
Atheria
~ ATHERIA ~
www.bridge4spirit.wordpress.com
Atheria

Return to Exercise and Fitness