Hello everyone

New to the discussion board? Use this area to practice posting messages.

Moderators: JeffN, carolve, Heather McDougall

Hello everyone

Postby soul food » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:11 pm

Hi, I have been reading for maybe two months. I would say I am transitioning to McDougall plant based diet. I like to cook and am kind of known for my cooking with family and friends and so learning this new way of cooking and eating is kinda hard but I'm working it. I guess grandma's home cooking has just closed shop.

soul food
soul food

Re: Hello everyone

Postby veggylvr » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:16 pm

Glad you're here, Soul Food! I don't think you need to close up the homecooking shop. Just learn some new ways to make the same dishes. It seems hard at first, but once you get used to it, it's suprisingly easy.
veggylvr

Postby soul food » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:18 pm

Thanks for the well-come, veggylvr.

:)

soul food
soul food

Postby JohnLarson » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:32 pm

I am the grill master at most family gatherings and known for my dip on Sundays for football. John's dip was 2lb block of velvetta cheese, 1lb ground beef and 2 cans hot rotel diced tomatoes. I made some opening week of NFL for my friends. I did not even think about having any.

This WOE is more about what you can eat than what you can't. I focus on what I can have.

My Current Journal

My First Journal

The McDougall Program is not a "diet," and it was not designed primarily for weight loss – however, loss of excess body fat naturally results as people regain their health. - Dr. John McDougall
JohnLarson

Return to The Sandbox