Vegan penpal/email friend wanted for my 8 yr old.

Share your experience, challenges and success implementing the McDougall program with family and children.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, John McDougall, carolve, Heather McDougall

Vegan penpal/email friend wanted for my 8 yr old.

Postby Julia » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:23 pm

Hi Everyone,

I live in an area in Germany where there are very few vegans, and no kids far and wide who even know what the word means.

Do any of you have a child who is vegan and is between 8 and 10 yrs old? My son, Ryan, would love to have a penpal (he loves writing, especially emails, as at the moment his gran is his only email friend). I am trying to build up a network of friends for him this way, who eat the way he does and are interested in not hurting animals. It is very hard to take your kids on this path with no peer support.

I would be so happy if I could find one or two contacts for him. I know they are too young to discuss those issues, but who knows what the future brings and it would be great if he could make friends his age who also follow this way of life. He is bilingual as English is my mother tongue and so language is not an issue.

Looking forward to some responses.

many thanks,

Julia
Julia

Re: Vegan penpal/email friend wanted for my 8 yr old.

Postby minirunner » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:31 am

I have a 9 year old son who would love an email penpal. We are a vegan family and live in an area of mostly hunters and dairy farmers so it would be great for my son to have contact with other children who do not engage in those activities. You can private message me.
http://www.thepeacefulkitchen.blogspot.com
minirunner

Return to Family and Children