Golden Cheaze Sauce

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Golden Cheaze Sauce

Postby Doris » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:12 am

Groundhog posted the web site for the Healing Heart Foundation, www.kumu.org and I found the recipes . They are McDougall friendly. Here is one.

Golden Cheaze Sauce
1 1/2 c. Great Northern Beans cooked (or one 15.5 oz. can)
6 T nutritional yeast
1/4 c. pimiento pieces
juice of one lemon
1 T low salt shoyu (soy sauce) or tamari
1 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. any type of prepared mustard
1/2 tsp. salt

In a blender, mix all ingredients until very smooth. Refrigerate and store in a sealed container.

Serve over baked potatoes, sauce over veggies or pasta, chili-con-queso when mixed with salsa, in enchiladas , on tacos

Here is a link
http://heart.kumu.org/cheaze.html
Doris

DR. MCDOUGALL'S CAESAR DRESSING

Postby Grateful » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:23 am

Has anyone ever tried it? I love it, as well as the Creamy Garlic dressing. It is in the "New McDougall Cookbook" - pages 210-211. If anyone makes it, let us know what you think.
Grateful

Postby groundhogg » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:58 am

We LOVE that Golden Cheaze sauce :eek: or however ya spell that.

There are many cheeze sauce recipes we like for various stuff...this particular one is really great for using as a dip or to drizzle over Mexican type foods...in my opinion :-P
groundhogg

Postby Lilac » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:21 pm

I've made this many times and it really is great! I am not fond of pimiento though so I've used either some fresh red pepper or roasted red pepper instead and the flavor is delicious. Enjoy!
Lilac

Postby groundhogg » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:45 am

I don't mind pimiento, but never have it on hand, so I've never made it with that. Our daughter doesn't like peppers, no longer at home with us, but was when I got into my way of making this stuff, so we just got into the habit of using the equivalent of tomato, either pieces into the blender or just sauce, or whatever was on hand, just for the coloring of the stuff. THat's how I got used to making it, and that's how grown up groundhoggie does it at her house.
groundhogg

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning