Not feeling full?

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Not feeling full?

Postby CrazyVegLady » Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:18 pm

Hi,

I have been eating potatoes as my main source of calories and today I find I am dizzy and hungry, but I’ve eaten 2-3 lbs of potatoes!

Breakfast - a piece of fruit, broccoli, and oat groats cooked with blueberries (not all together lol)
Lunch - steamed kale and potatoes
Snack - raw veggies and hummus, or more fruit
Dinner - large salad, potatoes

The veggie portions are HUGE to fill me up. I don’t want to gain weight (I have been sick so I’m doing this to prevent weight gain). I’ve out this into cronometer and I am already over consuming calories.

What do I do?
CrazyVegLady

Re: Not feeling full?

Postby Hal » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:31 pm

I only see two big meals of starch - potatoes. Try more groats or quick oatmeal? Add beans and corn to the potatoes? Maybe you need to be having HUGE portions of starch instead of veggies? :)
Hal

Re: Not feeling full?

Postby Creaky » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:23 pm

I have to agree with Hal. For myself eating a lot of veggies, really doesn't satisfy me and causes my craving to rear up.

I'm focusing in the starches and starchy vegetables to see how this works for me.

Take a look at this thread: https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61183. Maybe it will help you to see the difference between vegetable based and starch based.

Creaky
Creaky

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning