McD Quick & Easy help needed!

Share a great recipe or restaurant, ask a question about how to cook something, or mention a good ingredient substitute or packaged food.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

McD Quick & Easy help needed!

Postby Sher » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:58 pm

Yikes! I think my book has a page missing! I have a hardback copy of The McDougall Quick & Easy. I looked a recipe up in the index, and pages 211 and 212 are totally blank. This is in the potato section. I don't know if this is the only case where they are missing, but...can anyone share these two recipes with me? And has anyone else run into this problem?

page 211: Cuban Potato
page 212: Potato Wedges, Baked Chunky Vegetable

That's all that I can figure out from the Index what should be on those two pages.

Sher
Sher

Yes, early editions did have missing recipes

Postby VeggieSue » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:50 am

Here are the missing ones, as posted by Doris to the "other place" a while back:

Subject: Re: Would you mind posting the recipe for potato wedges?
Date: September 22, 2005 at 9:17 pm PST

In Reply to: Would you mind posting the recipe for potato wedges? posted by RaleighGirl on September 22, 2005 at 8:40 am:

On page 212 of the Quick and Easy Cookbook is the potato wedge recipe. Here is the recipe. 4 large potatoes. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Scrub the potatoes well and cut lengthwise into 6 wedges. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, or until tender. Serve with ketchup, barbecue sauce, or your choice of sauce.

CUBAN POTATOES
2lbs. small red pot. 1/2 cup rasins
3 14.5oz.chopp. tomat. 1tbs soy sauce
1med. onion, chopp. 2tsp.min. garl
1 red pepp. chopp. 1tsp cumin
3/4c chop.green olives black pepp.
Preheat oven to 375
Cut potatoes into quaters, place in water to cover and cook for 10 min. Drain, reserving 1/2 c of the water.
Combine remaining ing. in bowl. Place the potatoes in a casserole dish with reserved water. Pour the tomato mixture over the potatoes and mix. Cover and bake for 60 min.

CHUNKY VEGETABLE BAKED POTATO
4 lrg. baking potat. 1 14.5stew.tomat.
1 onion, chopp. 1/4 c water
1 red pepper, chopp. 1tbs.balsamic vin.
1 zucchini, chopp. pepper to taste
1/3 c water
Scrub potatoes well, and prick all over with fork. Place on paper towel and microwave on high for about 15 min. turning once halfway through the cooking time.
Meanwhile, place onion, bell pepper, and zucchini in a saucepan with the water. Cook, stirring frequently, for 10 min. Add the remaining ing. and cook for another 5 min.
When potatoes are done, split the tops and ladle the veg. mixture over the potatoes.
Hint: to change the flavor of this dish, use Mexican, Cajun, or Italian-style stewed tomatoes.

POTATO WEDGES
4 lrg. baking potatoes
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Scrub the potatoes well and cut lengthwise into 6 wedges. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 30 min. or until tender. Serve with ketchup, barbecue sauce, or your choice of sauce.
VeggieSue

Postby Sher » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:08 am

Oh, thank you SO MUCH, VeggieSue! Was that the only thing missing from the book? (I flipped through, didn't see any other blank pages).

Sher
Sher

Return to Food, Recipes & Meal Planning