Mutual Accountability

Share your daily McDougall menus and/or keep a journal describing your personal progress.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Re: Mutual Accountability

Postby Artista » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:45 pm

Today:

B: 1/2 grapefruit, kiwi, a little coffee with a pinch of coconut sugar,
buckwheat groats and rolled oats, blueberries, 1/2 banana, 1 T. flaxseed
L: sweet potato, bean & vegetable dish, broccoli
S: apple, carrots
D: split pea soup, potatoes, cauliflower
Meditation: none
Exercise: 30 min. jogging on mini-trampoline

Felt a little over full after dinner tonight. Need to work on point #9 of the 10-Point Checklist for MWL which says to eat until comfortably full. Think I went past comfortably full today.
Artista

Postby Lyndzie » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:19 am

Somebody somewhere on the boards recently mentioned the “get a life” post, but I don’t remember who or where, so I’ll just post it here. It’s so full of wisdom. Get a Life

Also, the New Year’s Resolutions newsletter has popped up a couple times (that time of year!), so when we’re trying to start the year afresh, notice the giant category of stuff you didn’t get near when wishing you’d been a little more strict. So far each and every one of us on this thread has been doing extremely well within the challenges that our individual life presents. Bravo!
Lindsey
My food journal: Adventures in Eating
My pregnancy journal: Maybe a Baby 2017
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Shmookitty » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:44 am

THANK YOU Lindsey, that was me who was looking for the Get a Life post! Appreciate you sharing the link, I will bookmark it this time! :-D
My name is Renee, McDougalling starting October 5, 2019
Shmookitty

Postby Ejeff » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:53 am

Yesterday cooked up large pot of veggie bean soup (Jeff Novicks recipe) and a pasta sauce also. Will be eating that for next few days. I don’t have tahini on hand so I am missing my salad rice bowls lol. Someone mentioned making a creamy dressing with just lemon juice, zest and chickpeas so I think I will try that.

Yesterday’s food:

L: brown rice, steamed kale, red onion, franks sauce
D: veggie soup over a baked potato
S: oatmeal with blackberries, cinnamon and cloves, peanut butter

Exercise 10 minutes HIIT cycling and lifted a couple weights.
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby Lyndzie » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:13 am

Glad to help, Renee! The boards are so busy this time of year, it’s hard to keep everything straight.
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Lyndzie » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:38 pm

Serene, James sounds like such a supportive partner!

Tonight I have a date night with my husband. We’re going to a friend’s 40th birthday party, Then out to eat. I already prepared some salad dressing for dinner to bring with.
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby moonlight » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:52 pm

serene wrote:I'm feeling wiped out today but I don't have any plans so it'll be fine.

Me, to James: It's your job to talk me out of getting takeout when we go out today.

Him: Sure! And what delicious thing can I make you for dinner to make it easier?

Me: Enchiladas! (He makes great compliant ones.)

Him: You got it. I'll make a whole bunch so you can eat them all weekend.

I'm. So. Lucky.

Sweet! Can I send my husband over for some lessons??

I finally got in a little exercise. 30 minutes on the water rower. I don't know why I'm so resistant to exercise....
moonlight

Postby bunsofaluminum » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:18 pm

Still going strong. Today is Saturday and I've had about half a square of chocolate is all. :nod:

B: oatmeal with berries
S: 1/2 sq chocolate
B2: not chicken noodle soup
L: chili over rice and spinach
D: baked potatoes and raw vegs

Exercise: chair yoga
Meditation...somewhat during yoga
Sleep: deprived

feeling better about my body, but that's because I'm not trying to do anything right now.
weight (for the last time in January) 246 will not step on the scale again until after Jan 31, if then.
JUST DON'T EAT IT

I heart my endothelial lining
by red squirrel

simple, humble food
by f00die

The rest is an industry looking to make a buck off my poor health
by Pamela, a FB user
bunsofaluminum

Postby Lyndzie » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:27 pm

Dinner did not go as planned. Had a beer at the birthday party, and left the salad dressing at home, so when we got to the restaurant I got my “usual” meal and dessert. Oy. Looking forward to starting over tomorrow.

[Edited to add: McDougall’s Revenge has already kicked in. Why, oh why do I do this?!?!]

As long as there are no curveballs, I should be alright until my husband’s birthday dinner later this month (that will be a feast for sure), but then again, life is full of curveballs.
Lindsey
www.lindseyhead.coach
Lyndzie

Postby Ejeff » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:01 pm

Good going buns you got this! I know how you feel Lindsey my body can’t handle grease either, hopefully you will feel back to normal early tomorrow. Serene, how nice your hubby makes enchiladas for you. Today was good, although I just had to take a couple Tylenol as my arms are too sore from the gym yesterday. Overdid the bicep curls lol.

Food today:
L: veggie soup over baked potato
D: 2 corn tortillas with green salsa, ww pasta with marinara veggie sauce and spinach, apple with peanut butter

Exercise - 2 hours pickleball
"The more disciplined your environment is, the less disciplined you need to be. Don't swim upstream."
Ejeff

Postby moonlight » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:50 am

Erin, I'm envious of your soreness. I love doing bicep curls!! Way to go!! :)

I am focusing on the MWL Checklist, especially principals 9 (eat until full, don't stuff yourself!) and 10 (get in a little daily exercise). Those are the ones I fall short on the most. My refrigerator has a stash of dishes that create a balanced diet - a couple of salads, soups, and mains that have 50/50 veggies to starch. Keeping that ready plus mastering #9 and 10 will get me to where I want to be. :)

I rowed on my water rower for 30 minutes yesterday. :D

Yesterday's Food Intake
B: oatmeal with apple
L: shredded salad, sweet and sour vegetables w/ rice
D: shredded salad, sweet and sour vegetables w/ rice
S: blueberries and oatmeal

I hope you all have a great day and are successful with this WOE!! Healthy and happy! :D
moonlight

Postby Ejeff » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:55 am

Moonlight I so agree with number 9 also. I’m getting better at not feeling the need to finish everything on the plate which is so easy to do. Last night I cooked up a cup of pasta and I could have stuffed it all in, but I did stop and put at least a small amount back in the fridge. I knew in my mind I would also want some sort of dessert which ended up being apple and peanut butter. Sometimes in the past I would have eaten all the pasta and the apple and then felt too full. So yay to us for focusing on number 9!
Ejeff

Postby Ejeff » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:35 am

Very good Sunday for me. Baked a loaf of bread, taco chips, and some healthy cookies as I need a snack for morning hike today. Yesterday swam, then sat in the hot tub and sauna. Felt so refreshed after all that. Had a short bike ride, did some reading and then went and learned how to play a new game last night jokers and pegs. Reminds me of the game of sorry I played when I was younger.

Yesterday’s food:
L: veggie soup with bok choy, bread, cookie
D: taco chips, half an avocado with spicy salsa, pasta and rice with marinara sauce
S: Oats with walnuts and blueberries

I am finding it much easier to be compliant now that the chocolate and snacks with oil (like crackers and chips) are no longer in the house.
Ejeff

Postby AnnetteW » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:38 am

I didn't weigh in this morning and my eating wasn't good this weekend. I kind of thought the New Year would get me back on track. Guess I have to get myself back on track. Week days are so much easier than weekends.
AnnetteW

Postby Aprincess » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:52 am

I’m still not very good at remembering to post in the boards. I’m trying to make it a habit so bear with me.

Yesterday:

B: Banana
L: My huge chopped salad with lots of veggies, strawberries & apple, rice, navy beans & flavored balsamic vinegar
D: Tacu-Tacu and other half of plate was broccoli/cauliflower with a drizzle of peach balsamic
S: Banana

(Too much fruit, I guess)
No exercise but my leg is feeling better so I’m going to try tomorrow.
~ Amy ~ :) :-) :-D :D
Aprincess

PreviousNext

Return to My Daily Menus & Journals