Nickel and histamine intolerance

For questions or comments about health, diseases, exercise or weight.

Moderators: JeffN, f1jim, carolve, Heather McDougall

Nickel and histamine intolerance

Postby sannie » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:14 am

I eat plant based for a couple of years now, but all the time I've been having issues with my diet. I suffer from histamine and nickel intolerance and that doesn't make it easy to eat a full plant based diet.

Therefor I would like to ask for tips or advice how to continue with it. I live in The Netherlands and the only advice I have been given here is that it is impossible. However I notice it is possible, but sometimes a bit boring (little choice in fruits, vegetables and spices) and I always have my doubts about getting all the vitamines I need.

The last couple of years I use antihistamine and eat food containing histamine and nickel in moderation, but that is not enough. And I would like to stop using those medicines. So now I eat only food very low in nickel and histamine. Are there sites, or can anyone give me some menu-tips on this?
sannie

Re: Nickel and histamine intolerance

Postby ch47gunnergirl » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:27 pm

An elimination diet may work for you to find what works for your body. Burgess Laughlin (now passed) shared a wealth of information of his elimination diets and his use of a modified McDougall diet to fit what his body would allow. See http://anti-itisdiet.blogspot.com/ and http://anti-itisdiet.blogspot.com/2007/ ... foods.html. Best of luck!
ch47gunnergirl

Postby Susan5 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:48 pm

There are food intolerance apps you can get to help. They can provide you with a list of foods to avoid, limit, or are safe to eat.
~ The best thing I did was to break-up with food; it was an unhealthy relationship.
~ You can't let go while still trying to hold on.
~ Focus on less...less desire, less obsession, less holding on.
~ "Learn to care less about food."
Susan5

Postby sannie » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:41 am

Thank you very much for your tips, both of you. I will check the sites. And Susan5, could you give me a name of such an app? I didn't even knew they existed.
sannie

Postby Susan5 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:20 pm

sannie wrote:Thank you very much for your tips, both of you. I will check the sites. And Susan5, could you give me a name of such an app? I didn't even knew they existed.

The app I use is simply called, Food Intolerances. It's logo is a strawberry. Good luck.
~ The best thing I did was to break-up with food; it was an unhealthy relationship.
~ You can't let go while still trying to hold on.
~ Focus on less...less desire, less obsession, less holding on.
~ "Learn to care less about food."
Susan5

Return to Health Issues